They are proud of the finished product as you can see.
Tanner decorated several cookies all by himself, but he mainly wanted to lick the frosting off all of them.
Vance is very into somersaulting lately so I did a video of him doing it last night to share with you all. Here is also a continuation of the things we have put on our Thankful Tree:
I'm pretty sure the new Pixar movie "Up" is going to make it's appearance some way or another. Actually I think that's why dogs made the list. It is the boy's favorite movie of the week. Tanner refers to the old man as Grandpa.
Last year we did a Turkey Countdown for Thanksgiving. It was fun, but I decided to go with something a little different. We are still writing down things we are grateful for, but we're using this cute Thanks Tree. She also has a Giving Tree where you write down things service you've done. However, we're just sticking with the first tree as we will be doing something with service later on in the month. It took some coaxing to get Vance to think of something he was grateful for the first day, but after that he has been the one to bring up that we need to put a leaf up and had something in mind to write down. Anyway, here are the first few days... Hopefully we can get Tanner to tell us a thing or two as well.
1. Balloons (I think we can thank my mom for this one since she brought the boys black balloons on Halloween)
2. Grandparents- I couldn't put just grandpa's or grandma's, it had to be both.
3. Family- Technically he made sure I wrote down Mom, Dad, Vance, and Tanner
4. Sunbeam Teacher- I thought that was pretty sweet. I am thankful he has a good Sunbeam teacher too.
5. Horton the Elephant- Very important. Not only did he make me write it down on a leaf he made me draw a picture of an elephant on another piece of paper. Folks, I can't draw. I'm not even one of those people who says they can't draw, but are decent at it. Stick people are a stretch for me.
My kids are enjoying countdowns so much. What are we going to countdown to after Christmas is over?