Starting November 1st until Thanksgiving I had the boys say something they were grateful for and they either helped me write it on a leaf or drew a picture and we put it up around our house. I took them down today so we can start getting our Christmas decor up, but I wanted to share what the boys said they were grateful for each day. Sometimes they repeated themselves and once or twice Tanner just copied Vance. It was a fun activity for them.
Vance's Gratitude List:
1. popcorn (yum)
2. jellybeans (this is when I realized he was just naming the foods they eat in Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving)
3. friends (even if he can't remember their names)
4. grandmas and grandpas (of course)
5. brothers (love/hate relationship)
6. Mom and Dad (I didn't even have to prompt him to say that)
7. Porter (Porter LOVES Vance)
8. Mario (his dad has corrupted him)
9. smoothies (I have corrupted him)
10. cars (I imagine he meant toy cars)
11. pencils (random)
12. jerky (extra random)
13. new toys (was his birthday on his brain?)
14. Porter (repeat, it's sweet)
15. Tanner (love/hate thing again)
16. computers (he will spend as much time on the computer as I let him)
17. blankets (it got cold here)
18. boxes (I don't know...random)
19. flowers (missing the flowers perhaps)
20. cars (another repeat)
21. Mom (oh, my favorite child...)
22. Grandma Porter (I have no doubt he is grateful for Grandma Jeppson too)
23. snow (not me)
24. meat (?)
25. bathtubs (he loves to play in the bathtub)
Tanner's Gratitude List
1. grandparents (I am grateful for them too)
2. Mom and Dad (sweet boy)
3. brothers (I am pretty sure I prompted this response...)
4. legs to run around with (he was running around when I asked him too)
5. Donkey Kong (corrupted by his dad)
6. the letter "T" (T is for Tanner!)
7. dinosaurs (the kid loves dinosaurs)
8. nursery (he loves nursery too)
9. Dad (what? Not Mom?)
10. cars (copying Vance)
11. Aladdin (I believe we'd just watched that movie)
12. nursery teachers (bless them)
13. Vance (he looks up to Vance)
14. Porter (he enjoys playing with Porter)
15. computers (he will spend as much time as I let him on the computer just like Vance)
16. trains (I think he meant the toy trains we have)
17. balls (he is a boy, what can I say?)
18. boxes (copying Vance)
19. Roary (he is a family member)
20. Dad (wait a minutes, I'm sure seeing an awful lot of Dad...)
21. Mom (that's better)
22. turkey (funny, he wanted nothing to do with it on Thanksgiving day)
23. snow (can you guess what day it snowed at our house?)
24. the letter "Y" (he loves the alphabet)
25. Grandma's House (we went to Grandma's house, it's so fun. He always cries when we have to go home)
Monday, November 22, 2010
It started snowing last night and we were surprised to see how much snow we actually had when we got up this morning. It snowed all afternoon too. We've gotten more snow today than we did the entire season last year. (I admit, it was a nice change from South Eastern Idaho). When Vance got up and looked out the window he declared, "It's Christmas!" I guess Christmas and snow go hand in hand. Both Vance and Tanner were hyper until I took them out to play. They played and played until I made them come in. Tanner was freezing and pretty much ready, plus I bribed them with hot cocoa. Although, the marshmallows I told them I'd put in their hot cocoa was what did the trick.
Thoughts by Heather J. at 5:56 PM
Sunday, November 21, 2010
I just thought I'd share some pictures that I have taken this past week. Life is going on as usual, but pictures are more exciting than long rambling posts anyway.
Three cute boys in a basket!
Some huge leaves blew into our yard and the boys had fun playing with them.
Vance was insisted that we get all the leaves out of our garden. I don't know why he cared...
I was playing with my camera. Porter is my best model. He doesn't move fast and all I have to do is smile and talk to him to get him to smile at me.
Sunday nap. Comfy?
I guess I did end up rambling a little... If you are ever interested in what we are doing with our days I record our Preschool Adventures on Mommy's Little Helper.
Thoughts by Heather J. at 8:06 PM
Friday, November 12, 2010
Yesterday we spent the day at my parents. We celebrated Rose's 18th (gasp!) birthday. The boys had a blas helping Rose blow out her candles and eating cake and ice cream. (By the way, she has stage make-up on)
And because this humors me... if you donate your prom dresses to the school drama department they show up in random places on random people.
Thoughts by Heather J. at 1:20 PM
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Oh, and I peeked at December to see if it was off an entire day. It's not. Apparently that Wednesday is not only November 31st, but it's also December 1st.
Thoughts by Heather J. at 5:15 PM