Friday, November 12, 2010

Rose's Play

Yesterday we spent the day at my parents.  We celebrated Rose's 18th (gasp!) birthday.  The boys had a blas helping Rose blow out her candles and eating cake and ice cream.  (By the way, she has stage make-up on)
Then Stephen and I went to see Rose in her 7th play.  They did A Midsummer Night's Dream.  (I did that as a sophomore.)  Rose played the part of Puck.  She is the cutest Puck I've ever seen.  She did a wonderful job.  She has two more performances this weekend.

 Rose likes to call me her "little" sister because although she is 9 1/2 years younger than me she is a couple of inches taller and even more so with this rocking head piece.  :)
And because this humors me... if you donate your prom dresses to the school drama department they show up in random places on random people.
 Hermia was sporting my old dress at the end of the play.  Rose had told me she wore it ahead of time and I'm glad she did otherwise I may have made a spectacle of myself laughing or pointing out to Stephen that she was wearing my dress!  My first thought when I saw her was, "Was I really that skinny once?"
We had a great time!  The boys had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa Porter while Stephen and I went to the play.  Good times.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Funny that your prom dress showed up on stage! Glad you guys had a good time:)