Friday, March 18, 2011

Porter is growing up

Porter is growing up.  He turned one last week.  He had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday.  He weights 26 pounds 15 ounces, which is actually a pound less than what he weighed at his last check up but when you are off the charts in the first place it's not too big of a concernt to lose a pound.  He is also 30 1/2 inches long.  Porter has been getting better and better at standing on his own.  On Sunday he took his first step forward a couple of times.  Since then he has continued to get braver.  Here is a video of him taking a few steps yesterday.  Today he has taken even more at a time.  It's so fun to watch him grow.  Vance thinks it is hilarious to watch him walk.
The other video just makes me laugh.  Porter loves to squat down and hang out like that and I caught it on video and thought I'd share it.

5 comments:

Holly said...

I don't know that he's as stable as Chloe but he definitely takes more steps at once! Chloe does that same squat/sit. It cracks me up! I tell her she'll be a great yogi someday (that's what a person who does yoga is called).

Erin said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! (Vance's giggle cracks me up too.)

Lawrence said...

Sure...Porter saves all of the good stuff until after we leave!

On the other hand, I love Vance's infectious giggle.

Marci Roberts said...

Oh, I love watching babies take those first little steps.

Kimberly said...

So fun to watch! His cuteness makes me smile!