Monday, September 27, 2010

Six months...

I really haven't typed much on here lately, just posted pictures.  It has been six months now since Stephen became unemployed.  It has been an interesting six months.  I believe whole-heartily that Stephen needed to lose his job in order to force him to make a change in his career.  He knew long before six months ago that he no longer wanted to be in the Automotive Industry, but he didn't know what he wanted to do nor did he have time to really think about it either so in some ways this has been a  blessing.  It's also given the boys more time to spend with their father which has been nice for every one.  Stephen is going to get a degree in Information Technology which I think will work out well for him and our family.  We are still looking for employment as he goes to school.  He'd prefer something that actually has to do with computers, but considering he is only at the beginning of schooling and has no experience in it that makes things difficult.

Honestly, I wish he could make a career out of doing origami because he could do that all day long.  Isn't it lovely for people who actually do what they love to do every single day of their lives and make money doing it? 

As for the boys and I, we stay busy doing preschool three times a week and taking care of household chores and what not.  The boys are growing and learning things literally every day.  It is so fun to watch.  I am told often from older women that their favorite time of being a mother was while they were young so I am trying to soak it all in and not stress when everything isn't the way I think it needs to be all the time.  I wish I could write down or capture on film every little thing the boys do and say that make me laugh or happy, but that's impossible.  They are such wonderful blessings in my life. 

I feel an overwhelming amount of gratitude towards my Heavenly Father.  I have been blessed with so much including three wonderful little children to raise with a great husband.  I also feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has watched over us and cared for us.  I know it is through His love and the opportunity we have been given to pay tithing that we have been able to survive financially  through this time in our lives.  It never ceases to amaze me that even when I just a little to do what is right Heavenly Father blessings me so much, much more than I'll ever deserve. 

Here's some pictures of my growing boys!
Tanner and I on his birthday!

Porter is always willing to smile for the camera!

Vance loves Tanner's dinosaurs as much as Tanner does!

No comments: