Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Fourth of July Weekend

This Summer the kids have been wanting to get on this blog and look at old posts on a regular basis.  It makes me feel a little guilty ever time that I haven't been more faithful about keeping up on what we are doing like I used to.  I would like to do better if for no other reason, for them to be able to look back and enjoy these little posts.  I feel quite behind so I am going to just start with our holiday weekend and hopefully work back a little on some of the bigger highlights.

I took pictures of the boys before our 4th of July parade.




 Waiting for the parade to start.  We have enjoyed going to the city parade.  It is walking distance from our place and they have a doughnut shop that always passes out free doughnuts.  :)
 This year Holly's family join us as well as Stephen's parents, and his sister, Kimberly.
Waving and waiting for candy!
 This guy gave the kids a quarter each.
 A picture of our family after the parade.
 Before the fireworks show that the city puts on they have a concert and this year it was Alex Boye.  I'm not sure how they snagged him, especially with it being free, but we went early enough to see a little of his concert and enjoyed it despite the large crowds of people everywhere.


Here are some pictures I took during the firework show.  






They do the fireworks and concert at a park that is only about a ten minute walk (or less) for us so afterwards we walked home.  It works out nicely.

No comments: