Monday, December 23, 2013

Vance is 8

Vance lives for his birthday.  He has been anticipating his 8th birthday for a long time now because in our church  8 year old's have the opportunity to be baptized and he is looking forward to that.
 He was very excited to get his very own set of scriptures from his Grandpa and Grandma Porter.  He has been reading out of them and showed them off at church yesterday.
 Since his birthday was on a Sunday we let him wear his suit and new tie that he has been saving for his baptism.
 He wanted a Star Wars themed birthday, but not Legos, cartoons, or Angry Birds.  The real actors.  My boy is growing up.  Sniff, Sniff.
 I didn't know how to make a good Star Wars birthday cake so I just put some figures on there.  He was happy about it so I guess that's what matters.

 This kid is growing up way to fast.  He was quite eager to open up his presents.
Here is his stack of presents from us.  He got more from extended family.  Thanks everyone!
 Tanner enjoying the birthday celebration.
 Porter also enjoying the birthday celebration.
 Vance has been really wanting a set of Checkers and what better thing to get than a Super Mario set.
 I love when then kids are genuinely surprised and happy when they are opening their gifts.
He was real excited to get this remote control helicopter.  We actually bought it in July at Target for 70 percent off so it was a win-win situation all around.

Along with birthday we celebrated the Sunday before Christmas.  I made them pose for a few pictures before church.  I already posted the one of Vance by himself.
 Here are all three of the sillies.  It is hard to get a good picture of all three at the same time when you are in a hurry to get to church.
 Here is my little Porter man.  He is counting down the Sundays left before he can go to Primary!  One more.
And my Tanner.  I had to tell him to stop making face and just smile because I didn't want a silly picture...

I have been busy and we have all been sick this month, but we are down to the busiest week and we are hoping to enjoy it and not be too stressed.  Of course, I am talking about myself.  Stephen doesn't get stressed.  We are looking forward to Christmas, Vance's baptism, and spending time with family.

No comments: