Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yard Work

We got our garden planted today!  Hooray.  This is our third year (thanks to my mom for the box!)  Last year was kind of a dud year as far as the garden and yard work in general went to be honest.  I blame it on having a newborn.  I have high hopes for a great garden this year though!   

Vance was my gardening helper.  Tanner could really have cared less about the garden.

Porter stole my shovel when I was trying to weed.  He also tried to eat the older boys sidewalk chalk.  He's just trying to find his place in this world.
 The favorite outside activity has to be playing with bubbles!
 The good news is that both Vance and Tanner know how to blow bubbles themselves so I don't have to do it for them.  Yay!  We did pull out the bubble machine, but it scared Porter.
 Porter did enjoy watching the other boys blow bubbles though.
 Porter tried blowing bubbles on his own too, but it just wasn't working.  I'll probably post the video of his attempt on facebook.  (It seems to load faster there).
Hopefully all our work outside will make our yard a little nicer looking than it has been.  It is interesting being a renter because we know we will not stay at this place for a long period of time, yet you still want to be able to enjoy a nice yard while you are living there.

P.S.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Jeppson, and Kimberly for the Easter package.  The boys were excited to get it!  They love getting packages in the mail.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Today was not a gardening day. It was freezing and then snowed for a few minutes this evening. Trust me, this is not normal Utah weather so don't be afraid to come down;)

Sheila C. said...

The garden box looks like a fun adventure.