Thursday, April 28, 2011

Birthday Bash

I was awakened at 6:30 yesterday morning to two little boys standing next to my bed as excited as could be to point out that I am a year older.  "Mom, it's your birthday!"  They were so excited.  I must be getting old because I really wouldn't have cared if nothing special happened on my birthday, but for the boy's sake I tried to make it fun.  We went down to a park by the river and let the boys play.


 Then we went down and threw rocks in the river.  Stephen is pretty good at skipping rocks. 
Porter is determined to do what his older brothers do.  This is a video of him "throwing rocks in the river".
Porter swept the kitchen for me.
 I made the boys get their picture taken with me.
I also made them eat girly looking cupcakes.  I didn't have one myself (trying to eat healthy and cupcakes just don't do it for me).   They sure seemed to enjoy them regardless of the fact that they were purple.
 I was trying to play up being surprised with what they gift I unopened for them so here I am being a nut.  Truth be told though, I was the one that picked it out. 
 I videotaped Vance and Tanner singing to me because it is sweet.  I am glad they were so excited for my birthday.  It made it more fun for me.

No comments: