Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Tanner

It's Tanner's 5th birthday.  I made an annual birthday slideshow for him.  Crazy to think that five years ago I gave birth to this wide- eyed baby boy.  I felt like I lived in spit up the first year of his life because he spit up so bad, but despite having reflux he was a happy baby and he is a happy boy.  We really enjoy having him in our home.  He loves to have me sing to him.  One of his favorite songs is "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables.  He also loves primary songs.  One night I sang "Families Are Forever" and by the end he was teary-eyed. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that the song was "just so sweet".  A few weeks ago we were talking about his birthday coming up and how he'd turn 5 and he looked at me in tears and said, "But Mom when I am five I will have to go to kindergarten and won't get to do preschool ever again!"  I reassured him that he wouldn't go to school for an entire year and we had plenty of time to do preschool.  Tanner is an excellent reader, he is funny, and a good brother.  We are happy he is part of our family. Happy Birthday!

No comments: