Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Okay and Not Okay

Dear Vance,

I love you dearly, but I feel I need to make some things clear. Somethings are okay, other things are just not okay.


1. Playing in empty boxes- OKAY
Peeing in boxes- NOT OKAY


2. Asking me if you can play with my hair and then playing with it nicely while we watch a movie- OKAY
Coming behind me and pulling my hair or climbing all over me- NOT OKAY



3. Giving your brother hugs and kisses- OKAY
Giving your brother bruises and tears- NOT OKAY


4. Asking for a toy and then playing quietly with it- OKAY
Asking for a toy and destroying it- NOT OKAY


5. Mistaking me for Jane from Tarzan, Rosalina from Mario Galaxy, Anita from 101 Dalmatians, or any Disney Princess- OKAY


Mistaking me for Lena Gogan from Pete's Dragon, Mama Bear from Berenstain Bear's, Perdita from 101 Dalmatians, or any other animal- NOT OKAY

6. Asking me if I'm okay and giving me a hug when I am hurt-OKAY
Being the one to hurt me- NOT OKAY

7. Smiling at me and giving me a hug for no reason- OKAY
Telling me I need to take a shower- NOT OKAY



8. Sharing your food with me- OKAY
Stealing food from me- NOT OKAY

9. Running races with me- OKAY
Running away from me outside in your bare feet- NOT OKAY

10. Eating all the food I've made you for dinner and wanting more- OKAY
Refusing to eat a single bit of what I've slaved to make for dinner- NOT OKAY

I am well aware that you don't care how many gray hairs you give me, but since I am the one who feeds you, please work on these items. Once we have these things worked out you can work on ten new ones.

Love Dearly,

Your Mother

3 comments:

Holly said...

Too bad he can't read this list yet. Oh well. Hopefully he'll catch on someday.

P.S. I was laughing very hard as I read this. Sorry. I know, Jilly will do these things to me someday so I shouldn't.

Mr. and Mrs. S said...

That gave me a good laugh! Too bad he won't be able to read this for a while. What a funny little toad! You are going to be the strongest most amazing woman after raising these boys.
You rock Heather- hang in there!

Anonymous said...

My favorite part was the picture of the Pete's dragon hag. That actually looks like me on a bad day. I can't believe that your sweet Vance could think that it was you! Well, keep this post for when he is a teenager and wants something. Could come in handy.

MOM