Saturday, August 8, 2009

Miracles

Vance was the first grandchild on both my side and Stephen's side of the family. He wasn't very old when I started feeling like it was time to add another child to our family. In fact, he was only a year old when I became pregnant with Tanner. I remember feeling so blessed, but also a little guilty. You see, my sister had been trying to get pregnant for a while at that point and my sister-in-law Mandy and her husband had desired to have a baby for much longer. I remember praying so hard that they would both be blessed with a child of their own soon. I wanted to get rid of the guilt I felt, I wanted my children to have cousins to play with, I wanted the grandparents to have other grandchildren to dote on besides mine. I am selfish, I know but I'm not selfish enough to think that it was my prayers alone that did the trick. A few months after I got pregnant with Tanner my sister, Holly also became pregnant. When I was seven months pregnant with Tanner, Mandy called to inform us that a birth mom had chosen her and Jake to adopt her baby. You can read about that miracle here . It's a beautiful story.

Each time a baby is born it is a miracle and a blessing. Sometimes, however we need help receiving these miracles. That's where adoption comes in to play. Adoption can affect so many people. I look at Mandy and Jake's son, Luke and how he has blessed and enriched so many lives in so many ways and he is only two years old! One of my grandmother's was adopted and what a never ended blessing that has been in so many lives. It is almost incomprehensible to think about.


Mandy and Jake are ready now to extend their family with another child. You can view their profile on LDS Family Services here. Just as each child that becomes part of their family is a blessing, that child will also be blessed to have such a wonderful family.
(P.S. The picture is of Vance, Tanner, and Luke in December 2008)

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Thank you for posting about this! I love telling people about my nephews and all the little miracles that they are. I hope that Mandy and Jake can get another little miracle soon!

Lawrence said...

I believe in blessings and miracles. Things happen for a reason. Children are a gift from our Heavenly Father.

Mandy said...

Thank you so much, Heather!!! You are wonderful to post this and we SOOO appreciate your prayers, love, and support. I am totally excited to come see you guys and for the boys to play with each other. Thanks for letting me come and visit.