Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Toddler Bed

We turned Tanner's crib into a toddler bed over the weekend. So far he hasn't fallen off of it yet, although we put our extra crib mattress on his floor for when it happens. We've always put Tanner in his crib and left him to fall asleep on his own. It worked well when he was "caged" in. The first 24 hours I don't think it occured to him that he could get out of his bed by himself, but last night he realized this. I went to check on him before going to bed myself and this is how I found him
Across his room in front of the rocking chair where we had a stack of books fast asleep. I imagine he got out of bed as soon as I left and looked through books until he was so tired he fell asleep. I'm having a little trouble today getting him to take a nap too, even though he's so tired he can hardly keep his eyes open. I have had to go in a couple of times and tell him to lay back down and go to sleep. Not having to lift him in and out of his crib is a back saver though.

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

Ahh...freedom!!

Kimmy said...

Cute. Maybe Grandma J. taught him this habit.