Sunday, June 26, 2011

Moving

I haven't taken very many pictures this week.  On Tuesday Stephen had to take a test so the rest of us tag along for the drive and then played at a mall in the city he took his test in.  I let the boys play in a little playland the entire time.  They were in heaven!  Stephen did take them into a reptile pet store before he left to take his test.  I refused to go in.  I HATE snakes.  They make my skin crawl.  Anyway, I guess the boys loved that store too.  Vance was afraid of some spiders they had, but not of the snakes, lizards, or other weird things there.

We made a big decision this week.  I say that, but really it's been a long time coming.  We just made a definite plan as to when and how.  We are moving to a new state.  When Stephen decided to go into the IT field last year we both new that the chance of moving was likely.  There really aren't any entry level IT jobs around where we live.  As time has passed that realization has become more apparent.  Stephen could get a job anywhere doing anything and we could continue to live here, but he really would like to gain some experience in his field so that when he graduates he has that experience and also contacts to take with him as he takes on his career.One reason we decided we should move now is to try and avoid moving Vance in the middle of the school year.

I am really sad to move away from where we live now.  I love the size of city we live in.  It is big enough that we have everything we need right here, but small enough that I feel comfortable driving around and I feel safe.  I love the mild winters we have here.  I love living an hour away from my parents.  In fact, that will be the saddest thing for me as we move.  I have enjoyed being able to see them on a regular basis.  I love being in an area where there are lots of members of the church, but not everyone is a member.  We live near a temple and an LDS bookstore.  We live in a great ward.  We have enjoyed our duplex (for the most part).

On the plus side, although we are moving away from my parents we are going to be moving closer to Stephen's parents, two of his sisters, and my older sister.  When my youngest brother gets off his mission he will return to school and we will be closer to him too.  In fact, we will be closer to where my little sister goes to college.  So that is all good news.

We are going to have to sell our contract with our duplex and try and find somewhere to live and Stephen a job all while he continues to go to school so it's going to be a busy month for us.  We feel this is the best decision for our family even though it seems the hardest (that's the way it is, isn't it?). 

Well, let the packing begin...

No comments: