Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A mushy letter to my baby sister

To My Little Sister,

I know you probably get tired of hearing this, but I can't believe that you are graduating from high school already!  Time goes by so quickly.  You have grown into a beautiful young woman whom I am glad to know.

When Mom was pregnant with you, I hoped and prayed that she would have a girl.  I had an older sister who I loved and two fun younger brothers, but I didn't have a younger sister and I wanted one so much.  Heavenly Father sent you to our home.  I was so excited.  I remember helping Mom pick out clothes for you to wear and changing your diapers.  I was nine when you were born so I also helped babysit often throughout the time you were little until I left for college myself.  Holly and I would always joke that Glen was her baby and you were mine because she always watched Glen and I always watched after you.  Rosemary, you were a beautiful baby and a cute little girl.  I remember during my teenage years getting so irritated with you because you always wanted to hang out with me when I had my friends over. You have grown up so much since then.    I remember when I would go through tough times even if you didn't understand the situation you always made me try and feel better.  I remember when we shared a room together for a couple of months when I was engaged. 

Our personalities are different in a lot of ways yet we get along well.  You have many traits that I admire.  You are friendly and outgoing, something that I have difficutly with.  I have seen and heard about you making friends wherever you go.  You are so talented in many areas, theater, music, academics, and more.  I hope you know that as an older sister any amount of lecturing I have given you over one thing or another is because I love you and I want you to be happy.

I am so grateful that we have lived closer to you the past couple of years so that I could get to know you as a teenager and watch you grown into the pleasant woman you are.  My boys adore you.  I am sad to see you move away from us and go to college, but I know that you will learn and grow in so many ways there that it'll be exciting to see what you accomplish.  

I love you so much!  Congratulations on your high school graduation.  Good luck at school!

Love,

Heather 
I know we have pictures of Rose and I when she was a baby, but this is the older picture of us I could find in my possession.
Sisters.  Summer of 2006
Vance, Rose and I.  Christmas 2008
Rose and I in the Winter of 2009
Rose and I after the Spring Play in 2009
Rose and I after the Fall play in 2010.
Rose with Vance and Tanner after a play for her drama class in 2011.
Sisters.  After the Spring play in 2011.

No comments: