Monday, July 1, 2013

Museum and Quick Trip

Things have felt busy for us lately.  I guess that is how the Summer goes.
On Wednesday we decided to visit the Aerospace Museum.  I have meant to take the boys there long before now, but it hasn't happened.  We don't live that far away and it is free.  They loved it.  I am sure we will go back another time.  Maybe when the weather is a little more pleasant for walking around all the planes outside.  Here are some pictures from that adventure.





 We decided that we better go to a funeral on Saturday in Idaho for a former co-worker and friend of Stephen's. (I think I mentioned his passing in my previous post.) My in-laws were kind enough to watch the boys for the day.  Before the funeral though, we were able to meet up with my younger brother Glen who is at school at BYU-Idaho.  I am glad we got to see him and have lunch with him.  He is a great person.  Here is a picture of us.  I think we look like brother and sister.  And now I've been calling my boys Glen...
 I made Glen snap a picture of me and Stephen as well.  Stephen did wear a tie to the funeral. ;)
 Here is the tie proof.  Actually, I took a picture of him because he is wearing a tie tack that his friend gave him while they worked together.
Going to a funeral puts a lot of things on your mind.  Life is short and fragile and you never know how long you have with the people you love.  I want to truly appreciate my loved ones and let them know I love them.  It also is a reminder to me that Heavenly Father is in control, he loves us and also that families are eternal.  I am grateful for the gospel and the peace that comes from my beliefs.

No comments: