Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ten Year Wedding Anniversary

Earlier in the week we took the boys to feed the ducks/geese at the park.  You can tell from the picture that Tanner is the most timid around any kind of animal.  They all had a great time though.
On Friday was Stephen and I's ten year wedding anniversary.  In some ways it feels like that long and in other ways not so much.  I don't really feel like I am old enough to have been married for an entire decade already, but clearly I am. :)  I posted this picture on facebook of us.  The picture on the left is on the temple grounds our wedding day and the one on the right is one that was taken at Rose's wedding reception a couple of weeks ago.
 Stephen made this awesome origami quilt for me.  I am going to hang it in our living room.  I think I'll make him do another one so this one isn't lonely hanging on the wall.
 Here we are on our anniversary.  Vance took a picture of us.  When you are married to someone 14 inches taller than you, you have to great creative on how to pose for a picture.  Haha.  We had an enjoyable time together while Stephen's parents kindly watched our kids for us.  I am very grateful for my little family, but especially grateful for Stephen and our married.
Today we had stake conference and D. Todd Christofferson of the 12 Apostles was there.  We got a new stake presidency.  Elder Christofferson said some great things that I hope to keep in mind.  One thing he talked about in relation to raising kids in particular was to be persistent and not to get discouraged.  He was specifically talking about scripture study and F.H.E.  to be consistent with having them even though not every single time will it be a spiritual experience.  Good advice and something for me to remember.  Another thing he talked a little about was gratitude.  He said sometimes Heavenly Father is waiting to give us further blessings because we need to express our gratitude for the blessings we already have.  Wow.  If that's all it takes, haha.  Just kidding.  It is something to keep in mind.  It is easy to gripe, but harder to really be appreciative for all of our blessings.  I am so grateful for all the blessings I have in my life.  The are limitless really.  I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, and extended family.  I have been blessed with the gospel, knowledge, understanding, talents, the gift of the Holy Ghost.  That is just skimming the surface. I hope to always remember to be grateful for these things.

After stake conference Elder Christofferson took the time to shake our hands.  I am so grateful that the boys were able to do that.  I remember when I was around Tanner's age or so I was able to shake hands with President Benson (who was the prophet at the time).  It was a great thing for our children.  I hope the boys remember shaking an apostles hand.  He has a wonderful spirit about him.

No comments: