Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ouch!

Earlier today we were doing our normal Sunday morning things. I was feeding Tanner in the kitchen, Stephen and Vance were playing in the living room. We had a cartoon in that Vance was watching. He likes to act out what he is watching so he took off running into the kitchen slipped (on who knows what, his pants maybe, his own feet, don't know). I saw him fall to his knees and crash into the corner of one of the kitchen drawers. I will spare you the gory details of it all. The end result was us taking him to an urgent care place and Vance getting two stitches in his forehead! I must say it got my heart a pumping, but although I'm sure his head still hurts a lot, but he is fine. Later this afternoon and evening we had to remind him not to run around because we were worried about him bumping his head and irritating his stitches. Kids get over things so much quicker than us older people. He always injures himself doing the simplest, everyday things. Anyway, here's a picture of what we get to look at.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of little boys. I wonder if he will have a scar on his forehead like I do. However, I was chasing my brother in the yard and stepped on the rake.

MOM

Mabel said...

Ouch, it makes me hurt to look at it. He's about the same age his dad was when he fell on the bleachers at a ball game and bit through his lip. Had to have one stitch. Like your mom said, the joy of having little boys. Hope he's okay tonight.

Holly said...

Oh boy! Stitches...crazy! Poor Vance, stuff always happens to him.

Erin said...

Oh, poor sad baby! That makes me sad for him.

Kimmy said...

Poor Vance. Maybe running isn't good luck for him. At least he bounces back quickly.