Friday, June 13, 2008

Too Cute- Take Two

Vance's turn for a cute ancedote. I really wish I was better at writing down all the funny things he does and says because although he makes me want to rip my hair out daily, he also does something so cute, sweet or funny that I want to squish him to pieces.
The other night Vance was "helping" me give Tanner a bath. It was a night Stephen was still at work. I had left the boppy that I use to nurse Tanner with sometimes downstairs and I wanted it. So I turned to Vance and said, "Vance, can you go downstairs and get the boppy for Mom?" He looked at me and said, "Downstairs." and I replied, "Yes, go downstairs and get the boppy." I emphasized the last word. He took off and I smiled wondering what he was going to do. He came right back upstairs with a water bottle in hand. I guess bottle and boppy might sound similar. After I got Tanner out and dressed I started nursing him and I asked Vance again to get the boppy thinking that maybe he'd make the connection then. He ran downstairs and brought something else up. I don't remember what it was anymore, but it wasn't the boppy. Oh well, I tried.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Vance is such a helper! He's hilarious. I think he's one of the funniest kids I've ever known. The time when you guys came to Salt Lake and he was watching the end of Cars while I got ready for church cracked me up. I thought he said, "dance," so I was dancing to the music on the end credits and trying to get him to join in. He just looked at me with a straight face, walked over to the TV and turned it off. It was like he said, "You're done. You've ruined the movie. Please leave." Hilarious!