Friday, February 11, 2011

14 Days of Love: Day 11

 I LOVE PORTER!
 Porter was born 11 months ago today!  I love him so much.  He came two weeks before his original due date via c-section.  I knew I had another huge baby and I tried hard to convince my doctor to induce me sooner.  As it turned out Porter did not want to be induced.  After two days of trying, nothing was happening however Porter's heartbeat was not doing good things so the doctor decided doing a c-section was the best decision at that point.  I just wanted Porter to be here and didn't care how it happened!  I instantly fell in love with this guy.  And I was right, he was a BIG boy.  They gave us two different "official" weights for him, but we go by the one that was written down 9 lbs 9 oz. (opposed to 9 lbs. 11 oz)  What's two ounces when it is over 9 pounds anyway?
 Porter is a sweet boy.  I love how each baby comes with their very own personality.  I have enjoyed watching Porter as he has grown and learned to do things the past 11 months.  When people asks who he looks like, I say Porter.  He looks like he belongs in our family, but definitely has his own cute little look.
 I love Porter's smile and his laugh.  He is always eager to play and enjoys discovering new things.  I love how fascinated he becomes over simple things.  I love to kiss and snuggle with him.  There's plenty of him to enjoy!
Lately, Porter has been standing on his own more.  He loves to play with everyone especially his older brothers.  I love playing games with him.  He loves to get into cupboards and drawers and play with bowls or spatulas.  He waves all the time especially if you tell him hello or good bye.  He also will give you five if you hold out your hand.  I love Porter so much and I look forward to watching him continue to grow and learn new things!  He is a sweetheart.

No comments: