Thursday, February 17, 2011

Charlotte's Web

We took a quick trip up to my parents yesterday.  My sister Rose is in the advanced drama class at the high school and they put on a production of "Charlotte's Web".  They did a good job.  Rosemary played a cat that helped narrate the story.
 Doesn't she  make a cute cat?  We took the entire family and we able to watch it with my parents.  It was a lot of fun.  I wasn't sure how Porter was going to do because he was super TIRED, but he did really well.  I really only had to give him extra attention about the last 15 minutes of it.   Vance and Porter loved it!  Tanner laughed (loudly) throughout the entire thing.  Before we left I was explaining to the boys some proper ettiquette when attending a play.  I told them they could laugh at something they found funny and clap when others were clapping, but otherwise they needed to be quiet.  At one point Vance leaned over to me and said, "Mom, I don't want to laugh.  I just want to clap."  He enjoyed it, but he was all business last night.
 A perk to being a nephew to someone in the play is that you get to explore the set a little bit.  I think that Rose had a good time showing the boys around the set. 
This morning they were asking when they could go see Rose dressed up in a costume again.  I told them they'll have to wait a couple of months.  Z Center Stage Theater Company is doing a production of Cinderella in the Spring.  I am looking forward to seeing it!

1 comment:

Marci Roberts said...

I am sure it is a good way to allow them to experience drama when they don't have to have exact ettiquette behavior and they can work up to a big production.