Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Food Thoughts

I may be jumping the gun about this one, but I wonder if Vance is at the start of a food jag. (That's what we called them in our Nutrition for Young Children class). What is the food he just can't get enough of? Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He has them for lunch aboutt 80% of the time, but tonight he insisted on having one for dinner too. He wouldn't eat anything else. If you look close enough you can see the remnants of it on his face. Vance has always been an eager eater but the last couple of months he has gotten pickier and now we are getting into only wanted a few things to eat. I know this is typical toddler behavior, but I can't help but keep Stephen in the back of my mind when it comes to food. For anyone who may not know, I am married to the pickiest eater in the world! Okay, maybe not, but he's the pickiest eater I've ever met and I know of plenty of people who would agree with me (his mother, bless her). I hope that my children do not follow suit because I don't know how on earth we'd survive with a household of picky eaters! For now, I will just pass Vance's behavior of as typical for his age because I know it is. He better grow out of it though or else!

2 comments:

Holly said...

You're big eater is picky now!?! Crazy. I never thought I'd see the day when Vance didn't shovel anything in;) Good luck!

Mabel said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's just a phase and it passes! Have you been reading "Bread and Jam for Francis" to him?