Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday, Sunday

Sundays and church can be interesting when you have children. Relief Society hadn't even started when a super tired Tanner had a complete meltdown so I took him out in the hall. My plan was to hand him over to his dad (which I did and who he was fine for...go figure). In the hallway there was a painting by Greg Olsen, "In Remembrance of Me" hanging up. It caught Tanner's interest so I got closer so he could look at it. Christ has bread and wine pictured with him (click the link above to see it). Tanner pointed at it and said, "Snack." Well, not really Tanner...
The Sunbeam class meets in the classroom across from the Relief Society and once I was Tanner-free I could hear Vance laughing, squealing and having a good time in their class. (I have no idea what they were doing in there...) Then one of the counselors in the bishopric told us that he was getting a kick out of Vance during sharing time because the boy next to him kept touching Vance's cheeks (they are hard to resist touching...) and everytime the boy did Vance thought it was hilarious and would bust up laughing. Then the little boy would get lectured to be quiet....poor kid. Stephen was called to be the Assistant Cub Scout Master. (I know some of you are laughing right now b/c of Stephen's lack of scouting). I'm calling free for now and enjoying it while it lasts.

I took this picture of Vance before church last week.

Someone needs to inform children that Sunday is the day of rest...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Snack" ha ha, that is hilarious :)

Edmond said...

I looked at the picture and I can see how Tanner thought it looked like a snack. He can think of a snack even if he can't see food. Funny boy.

At least Vance was laughing.

Mabel said...

How funny! Love Tanner's thoughts when he saw bread on a plate. I know how that little boy in Vance's class fees, I just want to touch his cute little face myself! Oh yes, I am laughing at Stehen's new calling (probably more than anybody), but he will be great at it. Congrats Stephen!